Identify Who Needs to Do the Work
Identifying who needs to do the work starts with the obvious notion that you must engage others to solve your adaptive challenge. As you think about your situation, who must do the work? Consider who is already involved and consider who is impacted by the situation but is not involved.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Whose problem is it? Who else?
- Who or what is pressuring you to act?
- Who would be happy if you applied a quick technical fix?
- What story are the people with differing points of view telling about the adaptive challenge?
- What are they loyal to?
- What do they value?
- What do they stand to lose if change happens?
- What would success look like to each point of view?
- What are you afraid to let go of?
- In your happiest dreams, who would step up and get involved?