Resource Guide: Starting and Operating a Child Care Business
Child care provides an opportunity to have an impact on the lives of children and their families. Starting and operating a child care business is both a personal and a business decision. Child care providers must take the right steps to ensure that their businesses are profitable and sustainable. These providers must abide by federal, state, and local regulations and standards.
This resource guide presents some basic steps to consider when planning and operating a child care business. More resources are provided to help explore child care as a business opportunity.
This guide is available in English and en Español.
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARP Act)
- ARP Act Supplemental Funding
- Early Childhood Program Design and Management
- New Programs
- Program Startup
- Family Engagement and Consumer Education
- Informing Child Care Consumers
- Provider Information