Key Indicators of High-Quality Family Engagement for Quality Rating and Improvement Systems
Use this research-based resource to support early childhood state systems-building efforts to advance family engagement.
The eight key Indicators of high-quality family engagement can be linked to Quality Rating and Improvement Systems’ (QRIS) Indicators and Standards in any phase of QRIS development. The Key Indicators may also be useful in informing state policy and systems change efforts that increase family engagement opportunities. They may also be used in ways that best address families’ unique strengths and interests, state contexts, and local circumstances.
This resource is intended for QRIS administrators, implementing partners, other early childhood care and education leaders, and technical assistance professionals. It may be used to inform efforts to design or revise existing quality assurance systems.
- Family Engagement and Consumer Education
- Family Engagement and School Readiness
- PFCE Framework/Family Engagement Outcomes
- Supports and Services for Families
- Relationship-Based Practice
- Quality Improvement
- Program Quality Standards
- Structure of Rating System
- Provider Supports for Quality Improvement
- Professional Development