Redistributed Matching Funds
- Any unobligated portion of a state’s matching fund grant will be redistributed to requesting states that have met the requirements for matching funds in the period for which the grant was first made.
- Redistributed matching funds are considered part of the grant for the fiscal year in which the redistribution occurs.
Reminder on Restrictions on Use of CCDF Funds
- Construction: No funds may be expended for the purchase, construction, or permanent improvement of any building or facility. CCDF funds may be expended for minor remodeling to assure that child care providers meet state and local standards [see CCDF regulations at 45 C.F.R. 98.54(b)].
- Tuition restriction: CCDF funds may not be used for students enrolled in grades 1–12 for services provided during the regular school day, services for which students receive academic credit or instruction, or services that supplant the program of any public or private school.
- Sectarian purposes: CCDF funds may not be directly expended for any sectarian purpose or activity (including child care services provided through a grant or contract). However, CCDF funds provided through child care certificates or vouchers given to parents may be expended for sectarian purposes or activities, including sectarian instruction or worship provided as part of child care services.
 CCDBG Act of 2014 658O(e); Child Care and Development Fund, 45 C.F.R. § 98.64(c) (2016).